Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mother to Son Figurative Language

There are quite a few of examples of figurative language in the poem of Mother to Son by Langston Hughes. One example could be in the second line where the mom says “Life for me ain’t been no crystal stair. I believe that example of figurative language is that she is saying that her life has not been very amazing like a crystal stair. She says her life has tacks and splinters in it but she keeps on climbing. I believe that she is saying that her life isn’t going to be perfect but through whatever troubles she goes through she is going to keep climbing on. I believe that the tone in this story is frustration and in a way motivating. The reason why I believe that this a motivating is because she is trying to tell her son that life is not always going to be a walk in the park, the will be problems, but you just have to keep moving on.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on identifying the mood and tone. that has to be the hardest part of figurative language in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete